« Prev Next »
Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: December 16, 2010
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

US Army Effort

Aa Aa Aa

The US Army is holding a science competition; if you know junior high school aged girls interested in science who can act fast, please encourage them to join in. The registration closes soon, but project submission is not until late February.

The U.S. Army-sponsored eCYBERMISSION is a new web-based competition focused on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Teams of three or four sixth-through- ninth-grade students chose a real life problem to solve in nine related STEM fields. Registration is open until Dec. 17, with the project submissions due Feb. 25, 2011. Click here to register.

Comments
5  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

I'm so pleased to see the armed services doing this! They need technically skilled men and women and it's great that they are trying to help enrich the school curriculum.

Community

OK, I will get right on it and see if the girls I know would like to sign up.

Community

Eureka! They have extended the deadline through January 7! So if you know some junior high girls, do encourage them to form a team with an advisor (maybe you) and register!!
cheers,
Laura

Community

Too bad we heard about this so late, hard to get anyone up to apply when there's no time to plan and think it over. But it's good to let everyone know about it, anyway.

Community

I think this is a great idea. Using the web to stimulate science interest in kids is so sensible I wonder why there isn't more stuff like this! Good job, Army!

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback