Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: June 28, 2012
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

Moving Women into the Patenting Habit--REACH

Aa Aa Aa

Dear friends of women in science,

Quick turnaround, but perhaps just the opportunity you need. The deadline for a fellowship is July 2 for applying for a national conference at Ohio State University Sept 23-25, with ability to boost your ability to make and patent new discoveries and/or start a new business. Fellowship support is available by application until July 2. Session topics include: Visioning your impact, Learning the landscape, Building a team, and Finding funding. As you know from Sue Rosser's earlier posting, women lag behind (do we hate to brag that much?) in this category of scientific production.

So, to apply, send your CV and a 200-word research statement to ceos@osu.edu. Fellowships will be awarded by July 9, 2012 and must be accepted or declined by August 1, 2012. Open registration is available June 25 through August 15, 2012, though, so if you don't have time to apply for money and want to go, you could still pay your way or get your institution to support you later than July 2.

This event is organized through the NSF ADVANCE program and Joan Herbers of Ohio State University and AWIS, who has also posted here, is the main organizer of it. It's highly recommended!

cheers,
Laura

Comments
2  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

Hi Ex CS,
I am sure that Joan Herbers and her crew will put on an outstanding conference that will be worth your while to attend. Hope you can make it.
best,
Laura

Community

Thanks, Laura.

I don't need financial aid, but I think this conference sounds great. I will try to get there.

Ex CS

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback