Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: March 7, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

Laura Hoopes speaks March 8 at Scripps College in Claremont

Aa Aa Aa

Dear Friends of Women in Science,

Laura will give the annual lecture on Women in Science and be introduced by a student leader in the Claremont Colleges Women in Science group at Malott Commons, Scripps College, Claremont, CA (on the east side of LA) on Tuesday, March 8. The talk begins at 6:45. It's free and open to the public. It will be on her memoir, Breaking Through the Spiral Ceiling, and will include some readings from the book.

Comments
6  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

Thanks Dr. Hoopes! I had no idea it had been so blatant in recent times. And it's interesting that people are still asking (illegal) questions about pregnancy to job candidates. I enjoyed your talk, and will buy the book on May 2!

Community

It was an absolutely amazing talk. I got to know about things I thought were ancient history but it is surprising how equality has still not reached all phases of life. Thank you for the wonderful talk. I am looking forward to reading your book in its entirety :)

Community

We are looking forward to it! There will be plenty of seats for those who decide today to attend the talk.

Community

I'll try to send some students along. They would get a lot out of hearing what you went through, I'm sure, and that you were able to balance family and career. That's a big worry to the students today.

Community

I'd fly in, but I have a few things planned...break a leg! FBP

Community

Sounds great!

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback