Women in Science
Other Topics
« Prev Next »
Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: January 12, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Ilona Miko

Suggestions on another round of guest postings?

Aa Aa Aa
Hi friends of women in science,

Some of the best conversations we've had recently were ignited by guest postings that some of you suggested as topics back in October. For example, we had a science policy expert, an exploration of Malaysian Computer Science which favors women, and information about NSF program officer career tracks.

That worked out well, and I'd love for you to continue suggesting. Let me know what else you'd like to discuss, and together we can form a new round of guests. You might start with an issue, suggest something that's bothering you, something you'd like expert opinion about, or something you want an update about. Perhaps there is a woman in science you'd like to know more about? Or maybe there is an issue that we could take a new look at, or an expert you'd love to hear from. Please comment with your ideas, and I'll try to line up some guests to address your issues.

Cheers,
Laura

Comments
9  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

HI Helen, exCS and SciFemXX,
All of those suggestions sound good to me. Of course, not everyone wants to do a forum and sometimes these people are too busy, but I can work on these ideas. Thanks!
Laura

Community

How about Rebecca Skloot? I don't know if she's too cool to do blogs now, but she would be very interesting!

Community

Can you get a woman in computer science as a guest? I'd love to hear from one (or more!).

Community

We've been talking about Mary Ann Mason's work a lot lately. Can she be a guest? I've admired her and her work for over a decade now. I consider her to be an amazing and productive individual.

Community

Hi postdoc girl, Small Science Woman, Scifeminista, and exCS,
Thanks, these are all good ideas. I'm working on them!
Please keep them coming, others among you who have thoughts about what we should discuss and with whom.
cheers,
Laura

Community

Something more about Sally Ride's efforts to increase girls' interest in science would be nice.

Community

Anything new about Ben Barres? I found the things we discussed about him earlier very interesting.

Community

I'd like to hear more from Sonia Pressman Fuentes and I also would like more about AWIS. You refer to it fairly often, Laura, but don't really explain much about it. I liked that chart about women's election to NAS from them that you posted here earlier a lot.

Community

I'd just like to hear from more women who are working to open up science for women scientists, know what they are up to, etc. I think Nancy Hopkins would be interesting to hear from, for example.

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback