Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: August 9, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

Laura Hoopes' Upcoming Talks on Book

Aa Aa Aa

Hi Friends of Women in Science,

Here are a couple of times and places where, should you happen to be nearby, you could hear me talk about my memoir and the issues it raises for women (and men) in science. Please introduce yourself to me if you come!

I'm off for the rest of this week to Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory where I will do some research for my biography on Joan Steitz and Jennifer Doudna and will also give a talk on Spiral Ceiling on August 11 at 4 PM in the Szybalski Room of Carnegie Building.

On September 22, I will be speaking at Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles to the Postdocs' Organization, in honor of Postdoc Week. I'll speak from 12-1 and then have lunch and conversation with interested people.

cheers,
Laura

Comments
2  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

I'm sorry, Katie. I had a great time at CSHL. I spoke in the library, kicking off a new series of talks in the library, and only five people had signed up but about twenty five showed up, pleasing the librarians and, of course, me! Great questions and comments too. It's technically NY but I know what you mean, it's hard to get out there from Manhattan.
I went to CSHL partly to use their archives and to interview Jim Watson about Joan Steitz, his first female graduate student, but the talk was a highlight!
Cheers,
Laura

Community

Aw, you haven't been to New York yet, and CSHL is close, but not quite close enough. Keep trying!

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback