Women in Science
Other Topics
« Prev Next »
Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: April 20, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

TODAY, Weds, April 20, participate in an online event concerned with the future of women in science

Aa Aa Aa

I am going to paste here an invitation, forwarded to me by Sonia Pressman Fuentes, to all of you to participate in an important conversation today on Women in Technology. Notice that Sheryl Sandberg, whose video we have been discussing, is one of those participating. Cheers, Laura

We invite you to join White House Senior Advisor and Chair of the White House Council on Women and Girls Valerie Jarrett as she moderates a panel on Women and Technology live online on facebook. The panel will take place shortly following President Obama's facebook townhall on Wednesday, April 20th at 6:15 pm ET / 6:15 pm PT.
Here are the details:
When: 3:15 pm PT / 6:15 pm ET, shortly after President Obama's facebook townhall
(These times are approximate and subject to change)
Who:
Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
Jocelyn Goldfein, Director of Engineering, Facebook
Theresia Gouw Ranzetta, Accel Partners
Jessica Herrin, CEO & Founder of Stella and Dot

Moderated by: Valerie Jarrett, White House Senior Advisor and Chair of the White House Council on Women & Girls

Where:
Watch and participate live online at: https://apps.facebook.com/facebooklive/ or www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse

Why:
More diversity in technology companies means more innovation, increased competitiveness and greater business success. Join us to hear about what the public and private sectors are already doing to reap the benefits of more women in tech roles, and what more can be done

How you can participate:
RSVP now on Facebook to the Women in Technology Conference and submit a question on facebook or submit a question live during the event at: https://apps.facebook.com/facebooklive/

Comments
4  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

I "attended" this event and hope some of you did too. It was more presentation and less audience interaction than I'd imagined, but I think it went well. Did you see it?

Community

Good, I am glad you can still fit this into your schedule at this late date. Apologies for the tardy posting, Sonia sent it to me earlier and time got away from me. It's end of semester---nuff said.
cheers,
Laura

Community

I hope they are going to take a look at the hostile atmosphere in Computer Science. I am going to submit a question on that now. Thanks!

Community

Great to know about this in time to join in. I plan to watch it and may send in a question if I have time.

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback