Women in Science
Other Topics
« Prev Next »
Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: July 29, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

Upcoming guest posts from a Postdoctoral Fellow and Request for Forum Guest Suggestions

Aa Aa Aa

Dear friends of women in science,

When I gave a talk at City of Hope/Beckman Research Center recently, I met a woman postdoctoral fellow, a science blogger named Kate Sleeth. She writes about women in science issues. I've invited her to guest-post here, and her thoughts about mentors will be appearing soon. Stay tuned!

Also, it's time to make suggestions for forum guests I can invite for the upcoming months. Please let me know who would be good to invite in your comments.

best,
Laura Hoopes

Comments
5  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

Perhaps you could get Karen Barad? She thinks deep thoughts about physics and women.

Community

Hi Laura,
You had a philosopher on as guest earlier. How about inviting her back? I really thought she presented some great insights and provoked good discussion, although there were not as many people writing comments then since it was right after you kicked off the forum.
MG

Community

How about Carol Grieder? You said she was dyslexic; I would like to hear more about how she overcame that and went on to win the Nobel Prize. And she was doing the laundry when she heard she'd won, LOL. How can you not love it? The only thing better would be if she was shopping for shoes!

Community

I'm looking for info about teaching physics and you said before that there's a woman in Colorado who teaching courses on physics that help other people. If you could get her to describe a class like that, it would be great.

Community

Hi Laura,
I'd like it if you could get Ben Barres to write something for this forum. Also, I'd love to have more from Sally Ride or anyone doing outreach to junior high kids, especially girls. Also, what about Shirley Malcom (I think that's how she spells it?) at AAAS? And Rebecca Young who wrote that great book on gender/brain research.
regards,
Linda

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback