Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: July 11, 2012
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

Laura's Back on Tour

Aa Aa Aa
Hi friends of women in science,

I am speaking at Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA at 8:15 tomorrow morning (over breakfast for brave summer research students) on research careers as reflected in Breaking Through the Spiral Ceiling. I really enjoyed the great questions the Pepperdine students asked me last year and hope to have another good experience there tomrrow, hosted by Jay Brewster.
Then, next week, I am speaking at Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas, not too far from Little Rock. I'll fly in Tuesday, visit with people and speak on Wednesday, July 18, and fly out to the Mayborn Nonfiction Conference in Dallas on Thursday. There, I hope to work with various experts on my Joan and Jennifer dual biography that we've discussed before.
Now that I've had my entire office moved from the basement floor to the ground floor upstairs, along with reducing the bookshelf space and file space by about 1/2, I'm shoehorned it but can now reach my computer and desk again, whew! I hope to have a productive rest-of-summer writing scientific papers and creative writing projects, and wish you all a creative summer too. If you like, share some of your summer plans in the comments below.
cheers,
Laura
Comments
2  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

Hi Benita,
At least there's no brown outs yet! Hope you keep cool in the pool.
cheers,
Laura

Community

Oh, yeah, vacation. WE never have time off at the same time any more with 12 month school cycles out of synch, etc, Oh, well. I do get to swim at the pool more often, that's about it. Why have nice weather if you just sit it out in the AC lab??
BZ

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback