Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: January 29, 2012
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

Upcoming events where Laura Hoopes will appear

Aa Aa Aa

Hi Friends of Women in Science,

I'm continuing to be invited to speak as a follow up to publication of my memoir, Breaking Through the Spiral Ceiling. If you can come to any of the talks, I'd love to see you.

I'll be speaking to the WISE/CREST women in science and engineering conference March 3-5 at McMaster University near Toronto. I'll talk about my lab's work on aging yeast and also on women in science and their career balance issues in two separate talks. The one on women in science will be the keynote address.

I'll also be speaking at the Pennsylvania Academy of Sciences undergraduate research event at Cedar Crest College in Allentown, PA on Saturday, March 31 in the evening. There again it will be the keynote address. I'll have a chance to meet with faculty members and students from Cedar Crest on Friday.

I'm really excited to have the chance to tell so many people that a career and a family CAN work together for women in science. I'll be autographing my memoir at both events, so if you're nearby and have a copy, you can bring it in.

best,
Laura

Comments
0  Comment  | Post a Comment
No comment exists for this Forum Topic
Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback