Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: December 16, 2010
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

Forum Logistics Updated

Aa Aa Aa

Hi friends of women in science,

The Scitable IT team has upgraded some features of our site and I haven't pointed them out so you can use them if you are so inclined. Those of you who are on Facebook and Twitter can share anything posted here on your account just by clicking on the logo of Facebook or Twitter on the upper right of each Topic and then responding to the prompts.

If you want to be informed about each new posting (running at three per week or sometimes more), you can click on the orange logo with the square of concentric circles (on the far right of the group of new logos you can click on) and following the prompts that appear. That's a good way to make sure you don't miss a discussion you might find interesting. And, I've been supposedly enabled to post images that are not copyrighted in my articles. I am still struggling to master that method, but I'm working on it. If you know of a good telling image I might want to use, be sure to let me know.

Cheers,

Laura

Do you have other features you wish we had? I believe someone asked that the comments preserve the paragraph breaks she had inserted, but they disappeared when she posted. Anything else?

Comments
4  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

I will probably keep on just flying by. My email is clogged already, not to say you'd be a clog, but just saying, more email isn't good for my life.

Community

I agree, the RSS feed will really help, especially in busy times.

Community

Hi Scifeminista,
Great! And if the discussion is really on target, consider sharing it on your Facebook account.
cheers,
Laura

Community

Hooray! I don't mind cruising by to see what's new, but an RSS feed will be much more convenient.

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback