Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: January 23, 2013
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

Applying for jobs? Check Out FSP on CV Errors

Aa Aa Aa

Hi friends of women in science,

The famous Female Science Professor (click here) has collected a group of submitted fake CVs and is running a vote as to which one should win. In my view, you'll be the winner if you read them and think about your own CV. Do you have an old typo on there that you keep forgetting to fix? Do you have out-of-date manuscripts in preparation? Do you reveal snarky attitudes that might bother readers? Do you leave out good stuff that they are looking for? It's an amusing way to take a look at things you might be doing better while there's still time to fix them.

If you read the fake CVs and have a different reaction, please let me know. I'm interested in how people learn to optimize their activities, especially things like preparing a CV that doesn't come up all that often but needs to be done well.

cheers,

Laura

Comments
1  Comment  | Post a Comment
Community

Hi Laura,
I found this amusing and some of it may stick and help me improve, who knows? Magical Unicorns, argh!
SRP

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback