Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: October 26, 2010
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

Coming Friday: Post by Susan Forsburg

Aa Aa Aa
Dear friends,

On Friday, we will have the first of the guest posts we discussed under "coming attraction."  Susan Forsburg, a distinguished Professor in molecular biology and informatics at University of Southern California and the creator of the Women in Biology web site I mentioned on my very first posting here (the one collecting my favorite women in science web pages and asking for yours), will be our guest.

I had the pleasure of nominating Susan for recognition as a Fellow of Association for Women in Science, which she received in 2007 in San Francisco at the AAAS meeting.  The award recognizes people who have made important contributions to the success of women in science.  Some of you may want to consider nominating someone you know, someone who has helped in your career and those of other women in science, for this award (women or men are eligible).  I went to the reception where Susan was inducted, and it was a highly impressive affair.  Susan is a national leader on issues of women in science, and I know you'll find her thoughts interesting.

cheers,
Laura 
Comments
2  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

Me too! It will go up before lunch time PST on Friday (that's 3 PM EST).
cheers,
Laura

Community

Looking forward to it!

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback