Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: November 14, 2010
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

AAAS Policy Intern Jennifer Gordon coming up

Aa Aa Aa

Dear Friends,

Last year, I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Jenny Gordon as we collaborated with others to set up and organize the AWIS chapter for LA and Ventura County (LAVC). She was a postdoctoral fellow at UCLA, but wanted to go into science policy. She applied for the AAAS policy internship program and won, against fierce competition, so she started in Washington, DC this fall. On Friday, we will have a guest posting by her, and she'll answer your questions about going from science into science policy.

Cheers,

Laura

Comments
3  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

I don't know if I'd want to do this, but I would love to know more about it. I'm glad we're getting to hear it from "the horse's mouth," no comment on Jenny intended!

Community

Me too! So glad you were able to line up someone to address the science policy area. I've always wanted to know more about it, how it works, what they do.

Community

Really looking forward to this one. I've always wondered about what this involves. I see the ad every year and think it over.

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback