Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: November 13, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

Memoir as Gift and Freebie Invitation to Teachers

Aa Aa Aa

Hi friends of women in science,

After speaking at another inspiring event where many women came up and told me my story would help them or their daughters, I just want to remind all the forum readers that my memoir, Breaking Through the Spiral Ceiling. is available on Amazon.com. It is inexpensive because I'm not in this for the money, and the book could change someone's life, open someone's horizons. Think about it for holiday giving!

Also, since I just put in my book order for my classes next semester, I'd like to repeat my offer to teachers. If you are considering using my book as an inexpensive supplement in your science or Women's Studies class, to raise the issues of family and career and/or changes in discrimination over time, I am willing to send you a free copy. Just email me with your information at lhoopes@pomona.edu, my business email. If you want to know more about it first, on Amazon you can read nine reviews and read the first 20 pages free.

cheers,

Laura

Comments
5  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

Hi Charis,
Yes, I can give you a bulk discount. Please email me at lhoopes@pomona.edu for details.
cheers,
Laura

Community

Hi Laura,

Do you offer any discounts if we order a lot, say 10 copies?

best,
Charis

Community

Thanks Rita! And Lucy, it's no problem if you ordered it from Lulu. They print it anyway, no matter where you order it.
best,
Laura

Community

Hi Laura,

I didn't know it was on Amazon. I ordered some from Lulu, is that OK? Anyway, I recommend it. My daughter read it and said it was incredibly honest and helpful.

LR

Community

Hi Laura,
You inspired us at the Women's Conference. I've ordered copies for my nieces. They like math and science, and I hope they'll be interested that life in science and family life can be combined. One of their teachers told them it's one or the other. I argued, but your life is better evidence!

RKT

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback