Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: November 2, 2010
  |  
Posted By: Laura Hoopes

VOTE!

Aa Aa Aa

Dear friends:

Today is election day.  I really urge every one of you to go out and vote. 

You can leave certain places on the ballot blank if you haven't had time to study all the candidates and issues, but please, please vote. 

Roe v. Wade, the environment, taxes, all are in play.  Whatever moves you...vote.

Best,
Laura

Comments
5  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

It looks like we've arrived at the mother of all deadlocks, with each house in the supposed control of one party. Maybe some people heard the Stewart Colbert rally's interviews and realize that two years of yelling and finger pointing is NOT what they've been sent to do.
cheers,
Laur

Community

I'm depressed. And I spent the weekend in DC at Jon Stewart's rally.

Community

No, just stay home. Who needs a lot of mad women out there casting their ballots? ( Just kidding--you should go ahead and vote, really.)

Community

Okay. The polls will be open after work and I can go on the way home. It's pretty crowded then, but maybe this year it won't be so bad since it's not a presidential election.

Community

Yes! Everyone should go out and vote. I did it, Laura. I voted by absentee ballot this time because I'm out of town.

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback