« Prev Next »
Science in Africa
Moderated by  Khalil A. Cassimally
Posted on: May 27, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Doaa Tawfik

I am afraid you are a ZOMBIE !!!

Aa Aa Aa

Deep in the deep jungles of Africa, there are some deep secrets and dark shadows. There, man isn't really man and souls are easily trapped and stolen. The sorcerers choose victims and keep their souls in small dolls where they -the sorcerers- and only they can drive these bodies to kill and eat people alive......The sorcerers can choose anyone to enslave !!!

You ....yes you !!!

Your soul is mine.....

Then, come the evil laugh HAHAHAHA....

I guess a story like this one is easily believed. Simply because Voodoo magic really exist in Africa, we are famous for it. So when a man's soul is stolen by a Voodoo sorcerer and this poor man walks around eating people....Anyone can understand that !!!

Now, I will narrate another story....I am on a spree today :)))

This is a "REAL" conversation between a patient and a doctor:

Patient: "Doctor, I am very tired, I feel really bad"

Doctor: "Can you please specify your symptoms?"

Patient: "I have got fever, headache, weakness, sometimes I feel I can't breath, and I am always coughing...I feel like having the flu but I don't think it is the flu".

Doctor: "You are absolutely right it is not the flu. I am afraid you will be a Zombie !!!"

NICE...Right !!!

Everybody knows that Zombies are not real. But recent studies defy that...IT IS REAL !!!

Have you ever heard of "Necro Mortosis Virus" ?

It is a virus that can be transferred by body fluid exchange (saliva, blood...) through bites, open wounds and contact. The symptoms as I explained are very vague; first stage flu-like symptoms, headache and coughing then second stage which may include heart failure, disorientation, lethargy, coma and shock. Once the infected patient carries the virus, it is "Game over" unfortunately. I haven't found any website speaking about treatment at all. Everybody is concerned with how to run away from this person and take refuge. Any carrier will transfer the infection. The infected patients will reanimate in 48 hours and start walking around and transfering the disease.

Of course, the infected patients do not have a plan to rule the world or anything like that. But you can imagine someone with no higher brain functions moving around to eat or drink or just walk...if you drink after him or touch him or if he bites you or... or.... or....any activity could basically increase the number of the infected individuals and we can find ourselves in the midst of a horror movie for real.

Thankfully it is NOT airborne !!!

Can you imagine that ...I thought zombie films are stupid...this can never happen...so there is no need to be afraid....so it is real....and there is no treatment .....I guess now I can be afraid !!!

I feel I am writing a horror scene in a movie. May be by now you will expect that I say that "this is a prank".....sorry it is not....it is real......so please take a look at the following website and take care ;)

World Health Authority:

(http://www.zombieworldnews.com/archives/science/world_health_authority/wha_necro_mortosis.htm)

Image Credit by Bob Jagendorf via Wikimedia Commons

Comments
0  Comment  | Post a Comment
No comment exists for this Forum Topic
Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback