« Prev Next »
Science in Africa
Moderated by  Khalil A. Cassimally
Posted on: March 23, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Doaa Tawfik

Afripedia

Aa Aa Aa

In my opinion, the best way to know something about somebody is to ask him and not to depend on other people's knowledge of him. So, if you want to know anything about Africa, it is easy..... ask Africa!!!

There are a lot of ways to "ask Africa" today I want to speak about one of these ways- "Afripedia". Afripedia is a wiki similar to Wikipedia but is completely dedicated to African culture and African information that is introduced by Africans. A wiki is an "open editing" database so not only can you find the information you need in it but you can also create your own entry. You can put your entry in any African language. So you can share with your fellow Africans and with the world all the data about any African-related subject.

Also you can make your own wiki about your country, your institute or university and share information with your colleagues. A wiki is a very useful online tool to help communication and dissemination of information. So, I guess go ahead and try it yourself and tell us your experience.

For more African information

http://www.afripedia.co.za/

So what do you need to know about Africa? Did you find it in Afripedia?

image credit by Luigi Chiesa via Wikimedia Commons

Comments
0  Comment  | Post a Comment
No comment exists for this Forum Topic
Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback