« Prev Next »
Science in Africa
Moderated by  Khalil A. Cassimally
Posted on: October 19, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Doaa Tawfik

Back To One Language !!!

Aa Aa Aa

Have you ever thought about what was the first language ever spoken?

The Evolutionists Evolutionists consider speech the single most important character the human beings possess. In fact, they consider that we are virtually equated with animals if it wasn't for the speech "GIFT"!!!

Well !!!

If we are speaking about languages as an evolutionary step, there must have been a leap in human communication at a certain stage. This leap would have separated "languageless" and language- using communities. However, they couldn't prove that there had been any languageless humans ever. I guess humans spoke a certain language at the beginning.

I mean; Adam must have said something to Eve when they first met, Right!?!

My own theory is that we have started with a single language and soon we will end up with a single language one more time. Surely, you can agree with me or not. But first let me explain my point of view...

So, how all these languages emerge from a single language?

How this language produced all these different languages and dialects?

The answer for both questions is the same. I think that when the early humans departed their original place, by time, new words were used and/or new dialects were used. Some of them wrote from right to left, others wrote from left to right and others wrote from up downwards. And as they departed far from their original place it wasn't easy to correct or maybe it wasn't important to correct as long as others around them understood.

The thing is, I think that the world is heading towards language unification one more time!!!

But not English, I think it will be a mixture of different language. This mixture will be decided by internet chatting. I will call it "Internet Language". This internet language will choose famous words from all different languages and other internet invented words (LOL, BTW, TNX ...). Certainly, not all people have access to internet, but I think the internet language will be worldwide understood.

I guess now that we all are again closely communicating, there is no need for over 5000 languages to be spoken as long as one language can do the trick, or what do you think !?!

Comments
3  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

Thanks Marwa, and Thanks Salah...surely the feeling behind the words will differ and the cultural impact will manipulate the meanings....you are both right...but the thing is the languages changed due to lack of communication and now we are back as a small village where everybody can speak with anyone on the planet at any moment...so may be we will unify the language one more time...but this does not mean that will lose our identities and culture !

Thanks for the fruitful debate...:)

Community

I agree with Marwa, words in any language are the tools of expressing someones felling. It is not always easy to do that in other languages apart from your mother tongue regardless of your command of that language. Thank you Doaa for bringing up this topic.

Community

I agree that human could speak from the begining of course & i am certainly against the opinion hich claims that cave men could only make sounds (just like animals) as they couldn't speak due to the underdeveloped larynx & vocal system!!!!

But i can't imagine that the whole world can speak one language ... yes we can try to reach a degree of understanding - somehow - even if we speak different languages but i don't think we will be able to understand everything

I guess the problem will be not only in the exact meaning of the words .. but also in the hidden meaning just like reading behind the lines .. for example, sometimes you can't understand a joke because it means something in another culture but nothing in yours .. right?

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback