« Prev Next »
Science in Africa
Moderated by  Khalil A. Cassimally
Posted on: April 29, 2012
  |  
Posted By: Doaa Tawfik

Tailored Technology

Aa Aa Aa

Despite of the many problems that Africa faces on a daily basis, Africa is always trying to join the huge wave of technology that is overtaking the whole world. However, when Africa joins in such endeavor, it joins not only to keep up with the flow but it also joins in a more problem-oriented way. The Seventh International Conference in ICT for Development, Education and Training "ELearning Africa" will be held next month in period 23-25 May 2012 in Benin. In this conference some important e-learning problems will be discussed for example; how to sustain ICT in schools, how to supply open educational resources in higher educational systems, how to profit from the available limited connectivity and how to create a suitable e-learning environment.

The ongoing financial crisis in the world surely had its shadow here in Africa, even when some organizations manage to upgrade their working environment to a more technological platform, they face a lot of challenges to maintain it and support it. Therefore, I see this conference a great opportunity to meet with experts and really learn from their advices, so this technological upgrading will be easily managed. Also this conference will introduce the cloud computing technology on a larger scale in Africa, which will provide an easier way for file sharing, communications and networking.

Choosing the most suitable technologies that fit Africa's upgrading requirements is the main aim for all the African countries now, because we need to balance between advancement and survival. I personally hope that Africa manages to recover from all its recent problems that range from water scarcity, famine, civil wars to the spurting revolutions.

The maximum benefit will be achieved in this conference by gathering all possible ideas not only from the large companies but also from the experiences of pedagogic experts. So, learning from teachers who have succeeded to implement a cheaper way of communication with their students or learning how to make use of a limited resource, will in my opinion be the best outcome of this conference. I would strongly suggest that you share with your own personal experience in dealing with technology on a large or small scale and I would also strongly suggest that you attend this gathering next month and share all your ideas and experience, until then keep yourself updated through this conference's news portal.

Image Credit: By Jcarranza via Wikimedia Commons.

Comments
2  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

Thanks Marwa for your sweet comment...I guess in difficult situations we should seek the light even if we don't see it right away :)

Community

Thank you Doaa for the hope that you give us .. because sometimes I think that these problems are hopeless and no matter what we do, we can not get out of this vicious circle .. but you always help me to see the light at the end of this dark tunnel

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback