« Prev Next »
Science in Africa
Moderated by  Khalil A. Cassimally
Posted on: November 17, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Doaa Tawfik

3D Problem !?!

Aa Aa Aa

New technologies make our lives easier and more fun. Now I can't imagine my life without internet, despite it is -somehow- a new invention. When I think about the people living back in the 1920s, no TV, no computer, no internet, no X-box, I feel so thankful for my life.

I guess that most of you will agree with me that technology changed our lives dramatically. Every time when you try a new technology, you get captivated. Definitely a lot of people are against technology, at least a little bit. I have to admit sometimes I am against technology myself. Sometimes I just stop using every thing for a week or so, just to clear my head. However, today I would to speak about one of the weird things I have noticed; technology is sometimes diagnosing rare illnesses and it can gave us the surprise of our life !!!

I will explain:

In the last few years we have 3D games, 3D televisions, 3D bookmarks...everything now is in 3D. Definitely the 3D experience is great, but what if you are trying your new 3D TV and you have your friends over and one of them say "I don't see any difference between this TV and the old one"...however you and the rest of the group can clearly see the difference !!!

"May be you put on and put off the glass and you can see the difference"

"Nothing...it is the same"

The rest of your friends are happy with the new TV... so it is not quantum physics... it is not any more about the TV anymore, your friend has a problem with his vision, and it is called "Stereoblindness". He can't see in 3D images. He had no problems before with his vision and now he is stereoblind !?!

The condition is unfortunately irreparable, and he has had no problem with his visual acuity before. He lived his live normally until the 3D TV diagnosed him !!!

The weird thing is, in the matter of few years, there will be only 3D TV and he has to spend extra money to buy a 3D TV that he can't enjoy. I guess that the technology sometimes runs faster than we could follow...or what do you think !?!

Image Credit: by Grifon2011 via Wikimedia Commons.

Comments
2  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

:))

Thanks

Community

That's an amazing post .. I am really impressed .. thanks Doaa

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback