Science in Africa
Moderated by  Khalil A. Cassimally
Posted on: March 15, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Doaa Tawfik

Global young academy

Aa Aa Aa

Hello Everybody!!

Today I would like to speak to early career scientists. Have you had that feeling that you wanted to belong somewhere, Be someone, Have a Greater goal, share in something big, help in making a dream come true. Do you feel you need to be recognized!!

Well..!! I know just the place, "Global Young Academy" or GYA. GYA was itself a dream, a dream to gather all the outstanding young scientists together and help them overcome the hurdles they meet. This dream started by a meeting between 43 young researchers in China back in 2008. And it was officially launched in February 2010 in Berlin, Germany.

GYA's membership is only for 4 years to keep the board always young. Around 100 members from about 40 different countries are represented in it and are looking for more; they expect the members to reach 200.

GYA's next meeting "The first International Conference for Young Scientists & the Inaugural General Assembly of the Global Young Academy (GYA), (GYAGA-2011)" will be held on 21- 23 of March 2011 in Egypt, to be exact it will be held at the Bibliotheca Alexandrina (the library of Alexandria). The Bibliotheca Alexandrina is one of the most beautiful modern architectural designs that was built to renew the old wonder. It contains more than 100,000 different books and more than ------ rare document. So, I guess you should come around and take advantage of both; the GYA conference and the wonderful Bibliotheca Alexandrina as well.

For more details, please visit the websites

http://globalyoungacademy.org/

http://www.bibalex.org/Home/Default_EN.aspx

This will be a great chance for you to meet bright minds that may share your dream, are you coming ??

Cheers!!

Image credit by David Vignoni via Wikimedia commons

Comments
3  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

It's ok Doaa, no problem, they will sooner or later come Egypt :) I bet they want to :)

Community

I am sorry Radwa and I am sorry everybody...I just logged in GYA website and the distination was changed to Berlin.....I guess next time.!!!

Community

That's absolutely a very good news, I am not sure if I will make it to Alex or not, but I hope I can. sounds very interesting :)

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback