« Prev Next »
Science in Africa
Moderated by  Khalil A. Cassimally
Posted on: August 27, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Doaa Tawfik

And Now We Are 3

Aa Aa Aa

North Africa gave a life lesson to the world on the consequences of bad politics. Three countries that suffered from political disasters and manipulations are finally freed. Three countries wrote with their blood new futures and proved that dictatorships can't triumph over the will of people.

People Want To Overthrow The Regime !!!

This is the slogan that swarmed North Africa over the past few months. The people decided that they have had enough of bad politics, and that this is the time to change it. Although it is difficult to ignore these revolutions, these sacrifices and these determinations, some people leave their political rights by choice. They think that politics doesn't affect them, and this -of course- is wrong. To prove them wrong, just watch the news and see what North Africans did to regain their rights!!!

They fought to be heard, they fought for a different future, they fought for their political rights !!!

And some people choose to let go of their right !!!

The Libyan, Egyptians and Tunisian were forcibly denied their rights in giving their opinions; however now everything changed. They forcibly took back their rights.

So what is politics?

Politics is derived from two words "Poly" that means "Many" and "Ticks" that are bloodsucking parasites.

Just kidding!!!

Well, this is a famous joke about politics, politicians and how people think of them.

Now seriously, politics is mainly the process where a group of individuals make a collective decision. This collective decision should be fair to everybody in the society. Bearing in mind that these decisions affect our salaries, pensions, health insurance, education, taxes and every aspect in our lives, one can easily understand what Libya, Egypt and Tunisia were fighting for.

People Want To Overthrow The Regime !!!

The whole world is struggling with their leaders all the time; some countries have financial problems, some have immigration problems and some can't maintain social justice. On the other hand, in democratic governments, politicians are always working on their countries' problems all the time to solve any demand as it emerges. However, in North Africa the situation is a bit fluid, no one can foresee what will happen and how these nations will try and guide their way through. Surely, some parties will try and sway the balance to their side, but I do have great faith in our revolutionists to keep that balance even.

Everybody has the right to present their vision and opinion. Everybody should share in his society. Nevertheless, no one should be doing this alone. We are all important parts in our society and no one should be out casting anybody. One of the pillars of political science is to learn how to survive with each other in harmony and how to let your plans, views, resources and ideals showcase your vision. However, what we see now from some parties that plan their campaigns through attacking other parties, that is unfortunately bad politics. In fact, that is not politics at all, that only shows that these parties have no plan at all.... "Just in to win"...then they will give back nothing to their supporters.

If you had no interest before in politics, now is the time you should be interested; because whatever will happen in our countries in the next few months will affect us for years to come. So we made wonderful revolutions, and now is the time to plan for a better future.

Now is the time!!!

Politics is a science that everybody should learn.....Want to learn more about political sciences, may be you can attend The African- Caribbean Leadership summit or may be you can attend one of the many political meetings held allover Tunisia and Egypt right now.

Image credit Green Tick by Earle Martin and Life cycle of ticks by the CDC via wikimedia commons.
Comments
2  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

"I" couldn't agree more Marwa... no more words, no more promises...start now and start with yourself and let your work and actions speak for you....this is the only way North Africa can come back strong....

of course through the will of hard workers ....like you my friend !!!

Community

I can't wait till we become 5 .. wish Syris & Yemen victory .. & of course i agree that we should all learn more about politics because everybody is now talking or protesting while they lack the basic knowledge .. & i don't want to be pessimestic but in Egypt, i am sorry to say that after 8 months of the revolution .. the accomplishments are actually zero !!!! nothing really happened except changing the government without changing the bad systems or bad habits or ourselves .. I want to tell everyone that IMPROVMENT starts with "I" .. so could we please start

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback