« Prev Next »
Science in Africa
Moderated by  Khalil A. Cassimally
Posted on: August 4, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Doaa Tawfik

Trial of The Century

Aa Aa Aa

The 3rd of August 2011, a date no Egyptian will ever forget. A day of triumph for democracy. Egypt is the first nation in the region to topple a president and then try him in the court of law for corruption. All the Egyptians are looking forward to a fair trial and a fair trial he shall receive.

Until the trial actually started and everybody saw the former president and his sons inside the cage, no one believed that this could really happen...but it did. All Egyptians were following the trial of the century unfold in amazement. These pictures are symbols of the true democracy the Egyptians are aiming to. I thought only the Egyptians were eager to follow this trial at home through TVs, at work through radio and computers, but the whole world did follow it too.

What a great, yet shivering, day!!!

Democracy, social sciences and political sciences are of great importance to Egypt and Tunisia right now. Understanding these sciences and implementing them correctly will most definitely take them to a safe shore. Egypt being in the first grade of democracy, I consider yesterday an early diploma. I have no fear, both Egypt and Tunisia are on the right tract.

Naturally there are several daily meetings, gatherings and TV show to help people better understand the new social and political grounds and a lot of newspaper articles and books too. Democracy in Egypt was our deepest dream and utmost desire, but before the revolution it was a secret one. Now and thanks to the wonderful revolution, we can dream out loud and say "We will do it, we will be back".

Image by DTR via Wikimedia Commons

Comments
0  Comment  | Post a Comment
No comment exists for this Forum Topic
Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback