Aims and scope of journal
Modern Pathology is an international journal owned by The United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP). Modern Pathology aims to provide an authoritative platform for publishing the highest quality clinical and translational research studies in pathology.
Original manuscripts are the main focus of Modern Pathology. Our scientific communication is enriched by high impact editorials, reviews, and practice guidelines that relate to all aspects of precision diagnostics in human pathology. As such, Modern Pathology’s scope encompasses advances in the molecular diagnostics and genomic classifications of disease as well as discoveries in immune-oncology, computational science and applied bioinformatics, and digital pathology.
The journal features the following types of papers:
- Original Articles
- Review Articles
- Long Course Articles
Submit your next manuscript to Modern Pathology and benefit from:
- One of the highest ranked pathology journals
- International and highly respected editorial team
- Rapid decision and publication times
- Wide exposure and article visibility via nature.com
- Owned by the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, the global leader in pathology education
- Engaged and growing Twitter following for Modern Pathology at @ModernPathology
- Easily track the status of your article during peer review using the Author Dashboard
- Share your article through SharedIt - Springer Nature’s content-sharing initiative allowing authors and subscribers to share links to view-only, full-text articles from this journal
Article-level metrics such as number of downloads, citations and online attention provide an overview of the attention received by a paper, and are available from each article page.
The 2021 journal metrics* for Modern Pathology are as follows:
2-year Impact Factor* (2021): 8.209
5-year Impact Factor* (2021): 8.249
Immediacy index*: 2.901
Eigenfactor® score*: 0.02119
Article influence score*: 2.482
JCR Rank*: PATHOLOGY 6/77
Journal Citation Score*: 2.64
The 2021 peer review performance metrics for Modern Pathology are shown below:
3 days to first decision for all manuscripts (Median)
Article page views - 1,754,035
3,915,098 Downloads (in 2021)
6,196 Altmetric mentions (2021)
*2020 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2020)
For more information on these journal metrics, please visit this link
Current Contents (Clinical Medicine, Life Sciences, Science Citation Index, SciSearch and Research Alert)
ISSN and eISSN
The international standard serial number (ISSN) for Modern Pathology is 0893-3952 and the electronic international standard serial number (eISSN) is 1530-0285.
Modern Pathology now provides its latest table of contents as an RSS web feed. This allows users with an RSS reader to receive automatic updates whenever new content is added to these pages.
Find out more about RSS feeds, how to download an RSS reader and see all the news feeds offered by Springer Nature.