THE British Jute Trade Research Association has acquired premises on the Dundee Industrial Estate to replace the temporary accommodation at present occupied in Bellfield Street, Dundee, following negotiations with the Scottish Industrial Estates, Ltd., and various Government committees. The new buildinga will be utilized for future research and development in connexion with the activities of the Association, and it ia hoped to be in occupation early in 1949. When completed, the Laboratery Section will cover an area of approximately 6,500 sq. ft., and will contain physical and chemical laboratories, photographic and physical dark rooms, a room where constant temperature and humidity can be maintained, machine rooms, library and administration. A separate Engineering Development Section will in the first instance cover an area of some 2,000 sq. ft., and the personnel in this Section will work in very dose collaboration with the Laboratory scientific staff. The remaining space of 14,000 sq. ft. will be devoted to the Processing Section, in which will be installed a complete rango of all jute processing, weaving and flniahing machinery The building will be the first induatrial research laboratory of its kind to be set up in Scotland for co-operative reaearch, and is supported by practically the whole of the jute interests. The importance of scientific research to the industry is being realized more and more, and the support for the project illustrstes the desire of the industrialist to utilize every possible meana to increase efficiency and quality of product.