THE reporte Astronomer Royal to the Board of Visitor the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, covers period May 1, 1945, to April 30, 1946, and with the usual matters presented at the anita Sivisitation. The Astronomer Royal was able to resume occupation on October 1, 1945, when a portion of the damaged Flamsteed House was repaired, and a small amount of work has been carried out at the Observatory, but no structural repairs have been attempted up to the present. The covering of the dome of the 28-in. equatorial, which suffered on several occasions from the effects of blast, is beyond repair, and it will not be renewed in view of the pending removal of the Observatory to Herst-monceux. The telescope will be dismantled as soon as storage accommodation is available, and will be re-erected on the new site. It is impossible to provide even an outline of the lengthy report, which should be read by all who are interested in the work and in particular in the future of the Royal Observatory.