THE Progress Report of the Indian Forest College, Dehra Dun, 1940-41 (Manager, Government of India Press, New Delhi, 1941), states that the College was opened in May 1938, after a period of closure, for the training of candidates for the Superior Forest Services of the various Provinces and States of India. The course extends over two years, each class completing its course before a fresh class is admitted, so that there are no overlapping classes. This first course lasted from May 1938 until March 1940. The report in question covers the first year's work of the second course, which was to end in March 1942. At the prize-giving at the end of the first two-year course the President and Principal of the College both spoke in laudatory terms of the work achieved and the type of man and training which the College is turning out.