A COLLECTION of 2,300 otoliths or ‘ear-bones’has been purchased for the Fish Section of the Zoological Department. These specimens represent 570 different species, and were collected by Mr. G. A. Frost over a period of thirty years. This is the largest and most important collection of otoliths in existence, and it is especially valuable because it formed the basis of a series of papers published by Mr. Frost between 1925 and 1930. The most important gift to the Department of Entomology is the collection of Lepidoptera formed by the late Mr. Edward Meyrick. The collection is estimated to contain more than 100,000 specimens. Among the more important accessions to the Department of Geology is a collection of bones from the Lower Miocene of Kenya, including remains of mastodons, antelopes, rhinoceroses and dinotheres, collected by Archdeacon W. E. Owen ; also a very fine series of the remarkable creature Palceoapondylus from the Middle Old Red Sandstone of Achanarras, Caithness, collected and presented by Mr. C. Forster-Cooper, now the director of the museum.