WITH the object of the promotion of biochemical studies and research, a Biochemical Society has recently been formed at Calcutta. The Society was formally inaugurated on July 6, 1934, at the All-India Institute of Hygiene. The first committee of the Society is constituted as follows: Prof. N. M. Basu, Lieut.-Col. T. C. Boyd, Prof. S. Ghosh, Prof. J. N. Mukherjee, Dr. B. B. Sen, Prof. H. K. Sen, Prof. H. E. C. Wilson, with Dr. B. C. Guha as honorary secretary and Dr. B. Ahmad as honorary treasurer. It has been arranged to hold monthly meetings for biochemical discussions and reading of original papers, reviews, etc. Four meetings have already been held.