MR. BERNARD HOBSON, of Sheffield, who died on December 3, left estate of the net value of £142,125. He bequeathed £1,000 to the Yorkshire Geological Society, Leeds; £1,000 to the Geological Society of London, to be called the “Bernard Hobson Fund”, the annual income of which is to be used in buying British, Colonial and foreign geological maps, to be placed on linen conveniently folded for the pocket for use of the members of the Society; and £1,000 to the British Association for the Advancement of Science, to be called the “Bernard Hobson Fund”, the annual income of which is to be devoted to promoting definite geological research. After making further bequests totalling about £3,000, Mr. Hobson left the residue of his estate to his brother and sister for life, with remainder to the University of Sheffield. Mr. Hobson had been a member of the Council of the University for some years. He belonged to a family which had taken a special interest in it. His father, Mr. John Hobson, was a member of the Council of Firth College, from which the University sprang. His brother, the late Sir Albert Hobson, as Master Cutler in 1903, took a leading part in the movement for the establishment of the University, and served successively as Treasurer of the University and Pro-Chancellor. Sir Albert, who died in 1923, also left the residue of his estate to the University.