AS already announced, the new botanical laboratories, presented to University College, Liverpool, by Mr. W. P. Hartley, of Aintree, were formally opened on Saturday, May 10, by Sir William Thiselton-Dyer, K.C.M.G., F.R.S., Director of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. The laboratories, of which a sketch elevation has already appeared in NATURE (vol. lxi. p. 454, March 5, 1900), vie, both in size and equipment, with those of the University of Glasgow, opened last year by Sir Joseph Hooker.
Rights and permissions
About this article
Cite this article
The New Botanical Laboratories at Liverpool . Nature 66, 155–156 (1902). https://doi.org/10.1038/066155a0