Scientific Reports has a 2-year impact factor: 4.996 (2021), and is the 5th most-cited journal in the world, with more than 696,000 citations in 2021*.
- *2022 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2022).
Highlight your research and enhance its visibility to your field by submitting to one of our Guest Edited Collections, led by our expert Editorial Board Members.
- The median time from submission to acceptance for papers submitted to our Guest Edited Collections is 102 days.
Our Collection brings together articles on COVID-19 from across the scope of Scientific Reports, with very frequent updates.
- Submissions are welcome on a rolling basis.
- Papers accepted will be added to the Collection as and when they are published.Open for submissions
We are delighted to announce that Scientific Reports is now expanding its scope to include engineering disciplines.
- Astronomy and planetary science
- Energy science and technology
- Materials science
- Mathematics and computing
- Nanoscience and technology
- Optics and photonics
- Climate sciences
- Environmental sciences
- Environmental social sciences
- Natural hazards
- Ocean sciences
- Planetary science
- Solid Earth sciences
- Space physics
- Biological techniques
- Cell biology
- Chemical biology
- Computational biology and bioinformatics
- Developmental biology
- Drug discovery
- Molecular biology
- Plant sciences
- Stem cells
- Structural biology
- Systems biology
- Health care
- Health occupations
- Medical research
- Molecular medicine
- Risk factors
- Signs and symptoms
Trending - Altmetric
Longitudinal analysis of biomarker data from a personalized nutrition platform in healthy subjects
Bonobo anatomy reveals stasis and mosaicism in chimpanzee evolution, and supports bonobos as the most appropriate extant model for the common ancestor of chimpanzees and humans
Novavax NVX-COV2373 triggers neutralization of Omicron sub-lineages
An ethological analysis of close-contact inter-cat interactions determining if cats are playing, fighting, or something in between