About the Journal
Aims and Scope
Oncogene aims to make substantial advances in our knowledge of processes that contribute to cancer by publishing outstanding research. We propagate work that challenges standard conjecture and builds on previous studies, in particular those that lead to establishing new paradigms in the etio-pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of cancers, and in processes that drive metastatic spread, and provide important insights into cancer biology beyond what has been revealed thus far.
Areas covered by Oncogene include, but are not limited to, the cellular and molecular biology of cancer including resistance to cancer therapies, and development of better approaches to improving survival.Across cancer biology, we have a broad remit encompassing the life sciences and biomedicine, from the most fundamental and theoretical work, through to translational, applied, and clinical research.
Reviewing Editors are among the most respected and accomplished individuals in their fields – from genetics and structural biology, to function and mechanism.
50 issues per year
Article metrics such as number of downloads, citations and online attention are available from each article page, and provide an overview of the attention received by a paper.
The 2018 peer review performance metrics for Oncogene are shown below:
- Average time to decision without external review - 8 days
- Average time to decision following external review - 45 days
- Articles published online within approximately 21 days and in print within 2-3 months.
- Over 68,000 recipients in receipt of the monthly electronic table of contents alert.
- Over 6 million views of the journal website per year.
The 2018 journal metrics* for Oncogene are as follows:
- 2-year Impact Factor: 6.854
- Journal Rank: 26/222 Oncology; 15/171 Genetics & Heredity; 33/292 Biochemistry & Molecular Biology; 32/190 Cell Biology
- 5-year Impact Factor: 6.933
- Immediacy index: 2.105
- Eigenfactor® score: 0.076
- Article Influence Score: 1.996
*2017 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2018)
EBSCO Discovery Service
Summon by ProQuest
Current Contents/Life Sciences
Science Citation Index
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
EBSCO Academic Search
EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
EBSCO Agriculture Plus
EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
EBSCO STM Source
EBSCO TOC Premier
ISSN and eISSN
International standard serial number (ISSN): 0950-9232
Electronic international standard serial number (eISSN): 1476-5594.
Oncogene now provides its latest table of contents as an RSS web feed. This allows users with an RSS reader to receive automatic updates whenever new content is added to these pages.