Aims & Scope
npj Quantum Materials is an open access journal that publishes works that significantly advance the understanding of quantum materials, including their fundamental properties, fabrication and applications.
Research areas specifically covered in the journal include:
- Superconductivity and Superconducting Materials: unconventional superconductors, cuprates, iron-based systems, heavy fermion superconductors, other novel superconductors
- Correlated Electronic Physics and Materials: mott insulators, magnetism in correlated electron systems, colossal magnetoresistance, multiferroicity and multiferroics, quantum phase transitions, theory and numerical methods in correlated electron systems
- Topological Quantum Physics and Materials: topological insulators & topological superconductors, dirac semimetals and weyl semimetals, majorana fermions, magnetic topological insulators, novel topological quantum states, topological heterostructures and devices
- Other Correlated Systems: heavy fermions, non-fermi liquids, quantum critical phenomena, quantum hall effects & fractional quantum hall effects, correlations in artificial quantum structures, Bose-Einstein condensation & superfluidity, ultracold atoms and related systems
- Quantum Phenomena in Advanced Energy Materials: photovoltaic systems, photocatalysis, batteries and fuel cells, thermoelectrics, other advanced energy generation and storage.