Aims & Scope
The International Journal of Oral Science seeks to publish all aspects of oral science and interdisciplinary fields, including basic, applied and clinical research.
Areas that are covered include but are not limited to:
- Oral microbiology
- Oral and maxillofacial oncology
- Oral inflammation and infection
- Dental stem cells and regenerative medicine
- Craniofacial surgery
- Dental material
- Oral biomechanics
- Oral, dental and maxillofacial genetic and developmental diseases
- Craniofacial bone research
- Craniofacial-related biomaterials
- Tempromandibular joint disorder and osteoarthritis
International Journal of Oral Science publishes peer-reviewed Articles that describe new research results and Review Articles that provide succinct summaries of an area in oral science. Editorials are brief comments written by the editor(s) of the journal or by guest editor(s) of Special Features (see below) based on the contents of the current issue or topical subjects that fall within the scope of the journal. Correspondences will serve to provide a forum for comment on recently published articles.
Reviews can be submitted by authors without invitation but authors are encouraged to submit an abstract of the review to either of the co-Editors-in-Chief (firstname.lastname@example.org) to consider for suitability prior to submission of a full article. Submissions of Review Articles from outstanding graduate students are also encouraged under the following conditions:
- An abstract of the review should be submitted to either of the co-Editors-in-Chief (email@example.com) to consider for suitability prior to the submission of a full article
- The supervisor of the student that has most expertise in the area being reviewed must be a participatory co-author on the paper
- The article should encompass a critical assessment of an area: the timeliness of this assessment should be explicitly justified
The journal also occasionally publishes thematic Special Features which encompass groups of papers that comprehensively cover a specific area in the field. These features are by invitation only, although the co-Editors-in-Chief (firstname.lastname@example.org) are receptive to suggested topics.