About the Journal
Cell Death Discovery is a multidisciplinary, international, online-only, open access journal, dedicated to publishing research at the intersection of medicine with biochemistry, pharmacology, immunology, cell biology and cell death, provided it is scientifically sound.
The unrestricted access to research findings in Cell Death Discovery will foster a dynamic and highly productive dialogue between basic scientists and clinicians as well as researchers in industry with a focus on cancer, neurobiology and inflammation research.
- Cell Death Discovery is an online-only open access journal.
- Cell Death Discovery ensures fast decision and fast publication times (44 days on average from submission to acceptance in 2017).
- Cell Death Discovery has the same editorial team as Cell Death & Differentiation and Cell Death & Disease.
- Users of nature.com can now sign up for an electronic Table of Contents alert for Cell Death Discovery in which your article will be highlighted.
- Cell Death Discovery is hosted on nature.com, enabling expansive dissemination of your research to a global audience.
Aims & Scope
Cell Death Discovery is committed to increasing the reproducibility of research. To this end, in conjunction with its sister journals Cell Death & Differentiation and Cell Death & Disease, Cell Death Discovery provides a unified forum for scientists as well as clinicians and members of the pharmaceutical and biotechnical industry. It is committed to the rapid publication of high quality original papers that relate to these subjects, together with topical, usually solicited, reviews, editorial correspondence and occasional commentaries on controversial and scientifically informative issues.
Cell Death Discovery articles are indexed in:
- PubMed (via deposition in PubMed Central)
- Google Scholar
- Scopus (accepted in 2018)
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (accepted in 2019, impact factor to be released soon)
The ISSN (online) number for Cell Death Discovery is 2058-7716.
Read the joint Nature Publishing Group and ADMC Cell Death Discovery press release, announcing the journal's launch.