About the Journal
Cell Death Discovery is a multidisciplinary, international, online-only, open access journal, dedicated to publishing research at the intersection of medicine with biochemistry, pharmacology, immunology, cell biology and cell death, provided it is scientifically sound.
The unrestricted access to research findings in Cell Death Discovery will foster a dynamic and highly productive dialogue between basic scientists and clinicians as well as researchers in industry with a focus on cancer, neurobiology and inflammation research.
- Cell Death Discovery is an online-only open access journal.
- Cell Death Discovery ensures fast decision and fast publication times (44 days on average from submission to acceptance in 2017).
- Cell Death Discovery has the same editorial team as Cell Death & Differentiation and Cell Death & Disease.
- Users of nature.com can now sign up for an electronic Table of Contents alert for Cell Death Discovery in which your article will be highlighted.
- Cell Death Discovery is hosted on nature.com, enabling expansive dissemination of your research to a global audience.
About the Editors
Aims & Scope
Cell Death Discovery is committed to increasing the reproducibility of research. To this end, in conjunction with its sister journals Cell Death & Differentiation and Cell Death & Disease, Cell Death Discovery provides a unified forum for scientists as well as clinicians and members of the pharmaceutical and biotechnical industry. It is committed to the rapid publication of high quality original papers that relate to these subjects, together with topical, usually solicited, reviews, editorial correspondence and occasional commentaries on controversial and scientifically informative issues.
Submit your next manuscript to Cell Death Discovery and benefit from:
- International expert Editors and editorial team
- Rapid decision and publication times
- Fully Open Access - supporting the accesibility and visibility of your article
- Part of the CDDpress family - devoted to sound science in cell and molecular biology
- Articles promoted via Twitter and topical Collections
- Wide exposure and article visibility via nature.com
- Free advice from Springer Nature’s Research Data Services
Article metrics such as number of downloads, citations and online attention are available from each article page, and provide an overview of the attention received by a paper.
The 2019 peer review performance metrics for Cell Death Discovery are shown below:
- Average time to decision without external review - 3 days
- Average time to decision following external review - 18 days
- Monthly downloads - Over 21,000
The 2019 journal metrics* for Cell Death Discovery are as follows:
- 2 Year Impact Factor: 4.114 *
- 5 Year Impact Factor 3.977 *
- Immediacy Index: 0.935
- Normalized Eigenfactor Score: 0.50441
- Article Influence Score: 0.952
- Citescore: 5.5
- SJR: 1.361
- SNIP: 0.875
*(2018 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2019))
Cell Death Discovery articles are indexed in:
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)
- Google Scholar
The ISSN (online) number for Cell Death Discovery is 2058-7716.
Read the joint Nature Publishing Group and ADMC Cell Death Discovery press release, announcing the journal's launch.