Aims and scope of journal
Blood Cancer Journal seeks to publish articles of the highest quality related to hematologic malignancies and related disorders. The Journal will consider for publication original research, reviews, guidelines and letters that are considered to be of high impact in the field.
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preclinical studies of new compounds, especially those that provide mechanistic insights
- Clinical trials and observations
- Reviews related to new drugs and current management of hematologic malignancies
- Novel observations related to new mutations, molecular pathways, and tumor genomics
Blood Cancer Journal offers a forum for expedited publication of novel observations regarding new mutations or altered pathways.
Why Publish in Blood Cancer Journal?
- As an open access journal ranked in the top quartile worldwide for hematology and oncology, we publish high quality articles about hematologic malignancies and related disorders.
- World's leading voices in the field form our expert editorial team, providing attractive turnaround times from first decision to publication.
- Open access publication ensures that your article can be easily discovered, accessed, used, and shared, maximising your impact and acting as a springboard for further discovery.
The 2020 peer review performance metrics for Blood Cancer Journal are shown below:
Average time to decision without external review - 7 days
Average time to decision following external review - 52 days
Average time from submission to acceptance - 96 days
Average time from acceptance to publication - 13 days
Article page views - 565,712
Altmetric mentions - 1,642
The 2020 journal citation metrics for Blood Cancer Journal are as follows:
2-year Impact Factor*: 11.037
5-year Impact Factor*: 11.977
Immediacy index*: 1.851
Eigenfactor® score*: 0.01144
Article influence score*: 3.596
JCR Rank*: HEMATOLOGY 6/76; ONCOLOGY 27/242
Journal Citation Score*: 1.57
*2020 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2021)
Visit the Nature Research journals metrics page for a description of these metrics.
ISI Web of Science
The ISSN (online) number for Blood Cancer Journal is 2044-5385.