Scientific Reports has a 2-year impact factor of 4.6 (2022), and is the 5th most-cited journal in the world, with more than 738,000 citations in 2022*.
- *2023 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2023).
Highlight your research and enhance its visibility to your field by submitting to one of our Guest Edited Collections, led by our expert Editorial Board Members.
- The median time from submission to acceptance for papers submitted to our Guest Edited Collections is 102 days.
Explore subject area specific Collections of the most downloaded* papers from Scientific Reports in 2022.
- *Data obtained from SN Insights which is based on Digital Science's Dimensions.
We are delighted to announce that Scientific Reports is now expanding its scope to include engineering disciplines.
- Astronomy and planetary science
- Energy science and technology
- Materials science
- Mathematics and computing
- Nanoscience and technology
- Optics and photonics
- Climate sciences
- Environmental sciences
- Environmental social sciences
- Natural hazards
- Ocean sciences
- Planetary science
- Solid Earth sciences
- Space physics
- Biological techniques
- Cell biology
- Chemical biology
- Computational biology and bioinformatics
- Developmental biology
- Drug discovery
- Molecular biology
- Plant sciences
- Stem cells
- Structural biology
- Systems biology
- Health care
- Health occupations
- Medical research
- Molecular medicine
- Risk factors
- Signs and symptoms
Trending - Altmetric
Bacterial and fungal isolation from face masks under the COVID-19 pandemic
Inhibition of ALDH2 by quercetin glucuronide suggests a new hypothesis to explain red wine headaches
Videoconference fatigue from a neurophysiological perspective: experimental evidence based on electroencephalography (EEG) and electrocardiography (ECG)
Risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection and hospitalization in individuals with natural, vaccine-induced and hybrid immunity: a retrospective population-based cohort study from Estonia