About the Partner
The Objectives of ISCoS
International Spinal Cord Society (ISCoS) shall:
- Serve as an international impartial, non-political and non-profit making association whose purpose is to study all problems relating to traumatic and non-traumatic lesions of the spinal cord. This includes causes, prevention, basic and clinical research, medical and surgical management, clinical practice, education, rehabilitation and social reintegration. This society will function in close collaboration with other national and international bodies, thereby encouraging the most efficient use of available resources.
- Provide a scientific exchange among its members and others by collecting and disseminating information through publications, correspondence, exhibits, regional and international seminars, symposia, conferences and otherwise.
- Advise, encourage, promote and when requested, assist in efforts to co-ordinate or guide research, development and evaluation activities related to spinal cord lesions throughout the world.
- Advise, encourage, guide and support the efforts of those responsible for the care of patients involved and when requested, correlate these activities throughout the world.
- Advise, encourage, guide and support the efforts of those responsible for the education and training of medical professionals and professionals allied to medicine and when requested, correlate these activities throughout the world.
The International Spinal Cord Society shall work in collaboration with national and international bodies, thereby encouraging the most efficient use of available resources worldwide.
ISCoS as an NGO
The Society has been recognised as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)and by the European Commission in the framework of the Helio II Programme.
Application for Membership
To apply for membership to the Society please complete the Online Application Form - www.iscos.org.uk/apply-for-membership-online
Springer Nature also publishes Spinal Cord Series and Cases on behalf of ISCoS and through your membership you will receive online access to both journals.