Humanities & Social Sciences Communications welcomes enquiries about publishing collections (sometimes alternatively referred to as ‘special issues’ or 'supplements'). Collections are usually based on a common theme or originate from a conference, symposium or workshop; they may be sponsored by an institution or funding body. We offer a fast, simple and personal editorial service, with all collections subject to the journal’s high editorial standards.
If you would like to discuss a potential collaboration, please contact the editorial team in the first instance for more details.
Benefits of partnering with Humanities & Social Sciences Communications
• Publication in a well-respected, Springer Nature-branded journal
• Dedicated support from the in-house journal editorial team
• International marketing to maximise reach of published material
• Exposure to our international, multidisciplinary audience
• Rigorous peer review and excellent editorial standards
• Speedy article processing – publication typically within 5 weeks of acceptance
• Immediate publication under an Open Access CC-BY license ― ensuring maximum visibility and increased impact
• Creation of dedicated collection page on our flexible publishing platform – access examples here
• Online publication as PDF and improved HTML view with article-level altmetrics
• Competitive open access publication pricing
• Indexing/abstracting in key services — with additional applications underway