Humanities & Social Sciences Communications is currently indexed or listed by the following services (papers published before June 16th 2020 appear under Palgrave Communications, the title under which the journal operated between January 2015 to June 2020):
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index (Clarivate) [AHCI]
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Clarivate) [SSCI]
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- RePEc (Research papers in Economics)
- Summon by ProQuest
- Google Scholar
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- PubMed Central (PMC) (only where the research in question is funded by the NIH or other NIH-accepted institutions such as the Wellcome Trust).
Impact Factor, article and journal metrics
The journal has a 2-year Impact Factor of 2.731 and a 5-year Impact factor of 2.772 (Journal Citation Reports (JCR) 2022 release).
Article metrics such as number of downloads, citations and online attention are available from each article page, and provide an overview of the attention received by a paper.
Articles published in the journal were downloaded 379,3186 times in 2021, with an average number of 4,637 downloads* per article in the last 12 months after publication. The time from submission to first editorial decision is an average of 41 days.
*Based on article downloads after publication Jan 2020 - Jan 2021