Palgrave Communications is an open access journal offering free and immediate online access to all articles published. To provide this service, an article-processing charge (APC) is levied for each article accepted for publication. The APC is a flat, one-off charge and authors are not faced with additional charges for longer articles or particular numbers of pages, tables or figures.
The APC for all published papers is as follows, plus VAT or local taxes where applicable:
- £790 APC (UK)
- $1180 APC (The Americas, China and Japan)
- €990 APC (Europe and rest of world)
Articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) License to support maximum dissemination and use. Authors are also permitted to post the final, published PDF of their article on a website, institutional repository or another free public server, immediately on publication.
Advice on publishing open access
- Creative Commons license options and APC pricing for Palgrave Communications
- APC waiver policy
- APC payment FAQs
- About Creative Commons licensing
- Help in identifying funding for APCs
- Self-archiving and deposition
- Compliance with funding body requirements