Palgrave Communications is an open access journal offering free and immediate online access to all articles published. To provide this service, an article-processing charge (APC) is levied for each article accepted for publication. The APC is a flat, one-off charge and authors are not faced with additional charges for longer articles or particular numbers of pages, tables or figures.
Articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) License to support maximum dissemination and use. Alternative Creative Commons licenses are available to authors on request. Authors are also permitted to post the final, published PDF of their article on a website, institutional repository or other free public server, immediately on publication.
Advice on publishing open access
- Creative Commons license options and APC pricing for Palgrave Communications
- APC waiver policy
- APC payment FAQs
- About Creative Commons licensing
- Help in identifying funding for APCs
- Self-archiving and deposition
- Compliance with funding body requirements