About the Partner
npj Schizophrenia is published by Springer Nature in partnership with Schizophrenia International Research Society.
SIRS was founded in 2005, and its mission is to bring together researchers from across the world who work on schizophrenia and other related disorders. SIRS is a recognized leader in promoting schizophrenia research aimed at identification, prevention, and treatment of those people with schizophrenia and other related disorders.
The mission of the Schizophrenia International Research Society (SIRS) is to bring researchers from across the world in schizophrenia and other related disorders together to:
- exchange the latest advances in research and facilitate the applications and these findings to clinical practice
- facilitate communication and collaboration in research
- promote educational programs to effectively disseminate new research findings related to schizophrenia, both in the scientific community and to the lay public
- encourage publication of research
- increase the public understanding of the personal, familial and societal impact of schizophrenia
- support increased research funding for schizophrenia research around the world
- promote the highest scientific and ethical standards in research and its application in clinical psychiatric practice.