Aims & Scope
npj Aging and Mechanisms of Disease is an online open access journal that provides a forum for the world's most important research in the fields of aging and aging-related disease. The journal publishes papers from all relevant disciplines, encouraging those that shed light on the mechanisms behind aging and the associated diseases. The journal's scope includes, but is not restricted to, the following areas (not listed in order of preference):
• cellular and molecular mechanisms of aging and aging-related diseases
• interventions to affect the process of aging and longevity
• homeostatic regulation and aging
• age-associated complications
• translational research into prevention and treatment of aging-related diseases
• mechanistic bases for epidemiological aspects of aging-related disease.