Aims & Scope
Nature Physics publishes papers of the highest quality and significance in all areas of physics, pure and applied. The journal content reflects core physics disciplines, but is also open to a broad range of topics whose central theme falls within the bounds of physics. Theoretical physics, particularly where it is pertinent to experiment, also features.
Nature Physics is committed to publishing top-tier original research in physics through a fair and rigorous review process. It offers readers and authors high visibility, access to a broad readership, high standards of copy editing and production, rapid publication, and independence from academic societies and other vested interests.
The journal features two primary research paper formats: Letters and Articles. In addition to publishing primary research, Nature Physics serves as a central source for top-quality information for the physics community through Review Articles, News & Views, Research Highlights on important developments published throughout the physics literature, Commentaries, Book Reviews, and Correspondence.
Research areas covered in the journal include:
- Astrophysics and cosmology
- High-energy and particle physics
- Nuclear physics
- Plasma physics
- Atomic and molecular physics
- Chemical physics
- Fluid dynamics
- Electronics and device physics
- Quantum physics and quantum technologies
- Optical physics and photonics
- Condensed-matter physics
- Soft condensed-matter physics
- Statistical physics, thermodynamics and nonlinear dynamics
- Networks and complex systems
- Information theory and computation