University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna – responsibility for Humans and Nature. We work for the sustainable use and protection of natural resources.
The Department of Integrative Biology and Biodiversity Research, Institute of Zoology is currently seeking a
Postdoctoral Research Associate
(Reference code: 74)
Extent of employment: 40 Hours per Week
Duration of employment: 1st of October 2019, limited to 30th of September 2025
Workplace: 1180 Vienna
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement
for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1 lit. b, € 3.803,90
For the 6-year temporary position, we are looking for an animal ecologist working on terrestrial systems and preferably with invertebrates who is concerned with biodiversity or ecosystem functions.
– Research and publication activities in peer-reviewed journals
– Acquisition and management of third-party-funded research projects
– Existing (and new) lectures and courses of 8 semester hours per year must be offered
– (Co-)supervision of master theses and dissertations
– Participation in the administration of the institute
Required skills and qualifications
– Doctoral degree/PhD in zoology, animal ecology or comparable studies
– Profound practical knowledge of the taxonomy of an invertebrate animal group (e.g. species identification experience)
– Experience in statistics and modern ecological methods
– Published papers in relevant peer-reviewed journals
– Ability to work in a team
– Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
Desirable skills and qualifications
– Relevant teachingexperience
– Experience in the supervision of theses
– Experience in the management of research projects and in the acquisition of third-party funds
Applications can be submitted until: 7th of May 2019
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please send your job application incl. curriculum vitae, list of publications, ideas for your future research work at our institute as well as the contact information of two references in one single pdf-file to Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70; E-Mail: email@example.com. (Reference code: 74)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.