- Purpose Statement: Plan and execute novel scientific research that achieves projects goals in the area of neurodegenerative diseases with a primary focus on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Identify, develop, and optimize new biochemical, radiometric and cellular assays, methods and techniques in the area of in vitro drug discovery. Act as a lead scientist in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant scientific advances and integrate this knowledge into research programs.
- Independently develop, optimize and execute biochemical and cellular assays to support target identification/validation and compounds characterization for drug discovery programs in the area of neurological diseases with a focus on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Plan and perform assay development experiments necessary for assay optimization and screening.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab.
- Is responsible for data generation, analysis and integration to ensure that only high quality data enter our corporate database.
- Establish new assays and technologies that are needed for continuous improvement of our research.
- Works cross-functionally and interact between BA scientists and medicinal chemists across global research sites.
- Master’s degree or equivalent education at least 2 years of experience, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically more than 5 years of experience.
- Experience in drug discovery, assay development and screening.
- Strong knowledge in analysis of cellular, biochemical and radiometric experiments
- Experience in basic molecular biology techniques as well as mammalian cell culture
- Highly motivated, self-driven and result-oriented person with good communication and presentation skills
- High degree of flexibility in adapting to different projects and persons; embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
- Excellent team player with the ability to build networks with peers inside and outside of team to enable high performance.
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of German would be beneficial
WE OFFER YOU
- An opportunity to work in a world-class team.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including
- Flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.