University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna – responsibility for Humans and Nature. We work for the sustainable use and protection of natural resources.
The Department of Chemistry, Institute of Analytical Chemistry wishes to fill a Career position in compliance with § 99 (5) UG (tenure-track) in the field of
Analytical Chemistry with a focus on Mass spectrometric Fingerprinting
Research for the implementation of mass spectrometric fingerprinting in the context of food authenticity as well as food and drinking water security and quality. This includes development, validation and application of isotopic, element and molecule mass spectrometric methods. The target of this position is the integration of the different information of these techniques and their evaluation by using mathematical and statistical tools. The research results may further be applied on other interdisciplinary questions in the areas of environmental and biosciences.
Working Time: 40 hours a week
Term of the employment relationship: 1st of October 2019, limited to a period of 6 years
Allocation in compliance with the Collective Agreement for University Staff to job group: B1 lit. b, Gross monthly salary (depending on previous eligible experience) at least: € 3,803.90 (14 x a year, in addition we also offer an attractive career development programme and an extensive range of social benefits)
§99 (5) positions offer academics with high potential and the relevant achievements the opportunity of an academic carrier ranging from a postdoc position to that of assistant professor and on to associated professor. The position of associated professor can be achieved at the latest six years after the appointment. §99 (5) positions are aimed at academics with a doctorate/PhD degree, with high potential, who are close to or have already successfully completed a habilitation. Experience at other universities or research institutes abroad is expressly welcome.
Tasks and focus areas
- Research in the field of Analytical Chemistry with a focus on Mass spectrometric Fingerprinting
- Teaching and supervision or co-supervision of final papers within the scope of legal possibilities
- Transfer of knowledge and the promotion of junior researchers in line with the social responsibility of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
- Assumption of administrative tasks within the framework of university self-administration
- Implementation of mass spectrometric fingerprints in the context with food authenticity, and food and water safety and quality
- Development, validation and application of mass spectrometry-based analytical methods
- Incorporation of mathematical and statistical methods for data analysis
- Conception, submission, undertaking and administration of competitively funded national and international research projects
- Collaboration and interdisciplinary dialogue with other research groups at BOKU particularly with the Department of Food Science and Technology
- Independent teaching in the field of mass spectrometric fingerprinting
- Participation and further development of basic lectures and laboratory exercises in Bachelor programs in the fields of general, physical and analytical chemistry in German and English
- Participation and further development of courses in Master’s and Doctoral studies mainly in English
- Completed doctorate in a relevant field
- Sound professional experience in the scientific field as a postdoc
- Excellent publication achievements as well as international orientation and recognition
- Willingness and ability to lead your own research team incl. the necessary funding this requires (third-party funding)
- Enthusiasm for outstanding teaching
- Relevant experience in academic teaching (lectures or laboratory exercises), didactic aptitude to hold courses in Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs in German and English
- Experience in the field of analytical chemistry, in particular in the field of mass spectrometry
Other desired qualifications
- Experience abroad as well as in teaching and leadership at universities and research institutions
- Experience with ICP-MS based isotope ratio mass spectrometry and elemental mass spectrometry
Closing date for applications: 16th of May 2019
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please submit your application in English incl.
- Curriculum vitae with detailed presentation of professional, teaching and research activities
- List of publications (refereed & non-refereed), lectures and projects
- Selection of five publications of your own which you consider to be particularly important
- Electronic transmission of the PDF files of these five publications
- Rough concept for future plans in research and teaching and contribution to the scientific profile of the Department of Chemistry
- Brief explanation of why you think you should be particularly suitable for this job (max 1 page A4) and indicating the reference code 66 to email@example.com until 16th of May 2019.
Applicants are not entitled to reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs incurred as a result of the selection procedure.